Your information, including Personal Data (as defined herein), will be stored in the United States.
Information on Privacy
The United States federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your Personal Data. For more information on tips and safety to help you guard against Internet fraud, see https://www.usa.gov/online-safety.
If you use the Site, Personal Data about you may be collected and/or processed by Streetside and its employees. “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (“Data Subject”); who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such, but not limited to as a name, email address or an online identifier. If you create an account on the Site, Streetside will collect certain information in server logs such as: your name, email address, and URL of your website and in some instances, title, street address, city, state, country, postal code, telephone number, and e-mail address, and any other information useful to Streetside’s products and services, if you provide it to us. If you send correspondence to us such as e-mails, Streetside will collect such information, including any Personal Data, in a file specific to you. In general, if you intentionally provide us with Personal Data, Streetside will collect it. Streetside is also collecting on-line identifiers, such as an on-line identifiers of authors of public social media posts about products.
From time to time, Streetside may request other Personal Data in order to provide features, functions or services, but you will always have the choice to decide whether or not to provide the requested information. If you access the restricted access portions of the Site, you may be required to provide additional Personal Data.
Additionally, Streetside collects and compiles information relating to your use of the Site which does not constitute Personal Data, such as time, date, browser type, browser language, operating system, and domain name of your internet service provider (collectively, the “Non-Identifiable Information”) as part of the operation of this Site or during the course of your activities on or use of this Site.
Certain information, like archive threads, may be collected by Streetside as a result of the links displayed as a result of a search query on the Site. Streetside uses this information to understand and improve the quality of the Site and related technology including the accuracy and efficiency of the Site.
By using the Site (which resides in part on servers located in the United States), you unambiguously consent to any collection, processing, transfer or use of any Personal Data. If you do not consent to any collection, processing, transfer, or use of such information, please discontinue use of the Site.
Collecting and Using Information
With regard to an account you decide to create on the Site, Streetside will use Personal Data for the purpose for which you provided it. For instance, if you registered on the Site, Streetside uses your Personal Data to provide you any alerts or feeds that you requested Streetside send you. If you provide Personal Data in a search query, Streetside uses that Personal Data to provide you search results. If you correspond with us and include Personal Data, Streetside uses the Personal Data to respond to you. Streetside uses your information to provide you customer support. In this respect, Streetside always reserves the right to contact you about your account or customer service issues.
Generally, the Non-Identifiable Information is used to provide better services to users and to improve the Site.
When you use the Site, we collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide the Site with information on Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Non-Identifiable Information and Personal Data about you is disclosed and shared with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties under following limited circumstances: Streetside may disclose the frequency of visits to the Site by the average user, information to third parties assisting us in carrying out a transaction or providing a service for you (e.g., packaging, sending and delivering purchases and information to you, clearing transactions, or performing statistical analyses of Streetside’s services, performing promotional services and training services), or in connection with merger and acquisition discussions.
Streetside may share data, including Personal Data about you, with Streetside’s affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and companies or individuals who provide services on behalf of Streetside. To the extent that these entities have access to your Personal Data, they will have agreed with Streetside to follow or already have privacy practices substantively no less protective than Streetside’s practices described in this document, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Streetside will release information, including Personal Data, in connection with any valid law, regulation, or legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order). Streetside may disclose Personal Data to protect or enforce the rights, property or safety of Streetside, its users or other third parties including the disclosure of information with other companies and organizations relating to fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Generally, and except as indicated at the time of collection, Streetside does not sell or lease any Personal Data about you to any third party. However, Streetside may aggregate information (gather up data across all user accounts) in a manner that creates Non-Identifiable Information and disclose such information to advertisers and other third parties for other marketing and promotional purposes. In these situations, Streetside does not disclose to these entities any Personal Data.
You may choose to opt-out from allowing Streetside to provide Non-Identifiable Information to certain partners. Visit networkadvertising.org, aboutads.info, and jumptap.com to make informed decisions about your online and mobile privacy and to opt-out.
In the event that Streetside is or substantially all of its assets are sold or otherwise transferred, all information Streetside has about you may be included in the transferred assets.
Other Uses Of Information
On the secure portion of the Site, your login information and password are considered confidential. However, this information may be shared if it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, or to assist law enforcement officials and/or the court and judicial systems.
Processing Personal Data According to GDPR
In case processing of your Personal Data falls within the scope of the GDPR, then Streetside shall perform such processing in accordance with GDPR requirements. Therefore, in addition to the above terms, Streetside provides you with the following information:
- You are entitled to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new
data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- With respect to Personal Data collected as a result of the account a Data Subject decided to create on the Site, then consent is the legal basis for processing. With respect to Personal Data collected by Streetside from public social media posts, such processing is based on legitimate interest. Streetside, when collecting Personal Data from public social media posts about products, aims at deriving insights from public consumer opinion through social media data. Personal Data collected in this way helps understand current trends in consumer attitudes and associated market opportunities. Given that social media data at stake is publicly available, collecting thereof by Streetside shall meet the consumers’ reasonable expectation of privacy and shall constitute one of the least intrusive ways of gathering public opinion data. Moreover, it is common amongst consumers to expect to receive a response from a brand within 24 hours after posting about their product or service on a public social media website. To be responsive and transparent, modern companies need to be able to search and monitor public social media data for terms related to their brands and products and collecting of Personal Data by Streetside helps them achieve this goal.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Streetside does not perform automated decision-making, including profiling.
- Unless necessary and legally permissible, Streetside does not intend to transfer Personal Data to a third country or international organization.
- You may at any time lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the European Union having jurisdiction over processing; and
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Streetside takes children’s privacy seriously and does not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Data from children and is committed to complying with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Streetside encourages all parents and guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of Personal Data on the Internet. The Site is not intended for or directed at children under the age of 13, and Streetside does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Streetside asks children under the age of 13 not to use the Site.
Streetside recognizes that changes to your personal information retained by it may change. If you would like to update your information in any way, please log into your account and modify it there or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The websites, advertisements and messages linked to by Streetside are developed, published, and operated by third parties over whom Streetside exercises no control. Since Streetside does not control these websites, Streetside encourages you to review the privacy statement posted on these (and all) third party websites. Streetside is not responsible for the privacy statements or practices of websites and services controlled by other companies or organizations.
Streetside will not retain your Personal Data longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
550 W. Merrill St., Suite 100
Birmingham, Michigan 48009